Alarms and actions depend on your mobile location With GPS-Action
your mobile will become even more smart: it will fire alarms and perform different actions depending on your geographical position (GPS).
Bored with alarms firing in the wrong place? GPS-Action will fire reminder exactly when you reach the target place, no sooner and no later! Depending on your geographical location GPS-Action will fire alarm, open the application, change profile, launch the website, open a document or a certain application for you. Bluetooth status change included, of course.
No more time lost with GPS-Action: your mobile knows the right time and right place!
GPS-Action software sets automatic alarms and performs different actions according to the GPS and Cell position of the mobile phone.
You can launch the application, which you have selected, launch the desired document or change the profile or a Buetooth status of your mobile phone when achieving some geographical position.
Application may fire alarm and display a custom note as soon as you reach your destination.
All actions are performed without any user interaction, only using the location based information.
You have no GPS inside your mobile? No problem! GPS-Action works also with CellID information that is available to all devices without GPS module.
Nokia native landmarks are included automatically into the application.
Easy to use software
GPS-Action is very easy to use. You need to undergo only three simple steps after installation:
* Adjust software settings: here the main thing to adjust the way of geo-positioning: based on GPS, Cell location or both ways. Also you should define your working days and alarm sound volume here.
* Create your own landmarks (if you have your Nokia landmarks already, this step can be omitted): your target places where you want the alarms to be fired and actions to be executed are called landmarks. You can define landmarks as your current place, add landmarks from ready Nokia Landmarks (for devices with built-in GPS) or define landmark coordinates manually.
* Create alarms and actions schedule based on the landmarks: during this step you set type of action and alarm to be executed, as well as alarm frequency, minimal playtime, condition and corresponding landmark.
GPS and Cell ID positioning: available to all S60.3 devices, also without GPS.
There are two types of location positioning: GPS positioning and Cell positioning. GPS positioning is very precise. It is achieved via satellite and it is available for the devices with built-in GPS or external GPS-receiver. This location type has its drawback: connection to the satellite is not possible through walls. So if you are inside, your GPS position will most probably not be retrieved.
For this case, and also for the devices without built-in GPS receiver, we have the second positioning type: location by Cells. Cells are available at all GSM operators, it is the mast where your mobile is receiving the information about the GSM network and your mobile operator. This info is available everywhere, where the GSM network is available. However, the CellID positioning is not so precise. As the GPS positioning, sometimes cells are situated far from each other, so the area for your landmark can be vast enough
* Alarms and actions performed silently, as soon as the geographical target is achieved
* Recurring alarms and actions with many scheduling conditions
* Variety of actions include: change profile, change BT status, open document, launch application, launch website.
* Action frequency can be restricted for the case you are approaching the same landmark more then once
* Time range for the action or alarm can be restricted, you will not be bothered at night.
* Two types of geo positioning: based on GPS and Cell information
* Available for all Series 60.3 devices, even to those without GPS receiver.
* Full synchronisation with native Nokia Landmarks
* Minimal alarm playtime can be set, as well as personalized alarm note
* Customizable alarm sound for every single alarm.