ZebraScan is a free UPC/EAN barcode scanner for Nokia phones. It will look up the product name so you can access product and price information right at the store.
Don’t get home and be upset about your purchase - be a smart shopper
If you don’t have a Nokia N-Series phone you can always use the MobileWeb version. Lookup barcodes right from your phone browser and connect to product and price information from any web enabled phone.
Free Download for Nokia N-Series
Nokia N-Series Edition:
* Supports N95, N95 8GB, N93, N82, N73, N78
* Supports UPC and EAN barcodes
* Lookup code on internet using ZebraScan Online - This will provide links to Google, Amazon, Ebay
* Self-Signed certificate
SISX - Extended Symbian Installation package (try this first). - 40 Kb
SIS - Symbian Installation package - 40 Kb
The program is self-signed. If you see “certificate error”, try installing the SISX first and try changing Software Installations to “All” in System->Program Manager Options->Settings.
Create borrow reminder: Even lend out a book or CD to a friend and forgot about it?
Scan product barcode with ZebraScan and then select “Create borrow reminder” from Option menu. Chose contact from address book and set a due date. This will create a reminder for your phones ToDo list.
* Improved recognition: Should also work on phones with less memory
* Various bug-fixes
* Hold the mobile phone camera about 4 inches (10cm) away from barcode. The red rectangle should be within the barcode.
* Press middle button to auto-focus and scan. Repeat if the code was not detected
Search for product on the Internet:
* Scan product barcode. Once code is displayed, choose “Search Internet” from Option menu
Create borrow reminder:
* Scan product barcode. Once code is displayed, chose “Create borrow reminder” from Option menu. Chose a contact to lend to. Select a due date. Code will then be looked up on the internet and a Event will be generated and displayed. If satisfied, chose “Add to Calendar”.
* Cannot install: The program is self-signed. You might need to allow self-signed software to be installed. This can be changed in System->Program Manager. Select Options->Settings and set Software Installations to “All”. Some devices may not allow this change.Download
* Auto Focus not supported error message: Even if your phone might actually have an auto-focus it won’t work because Nokia has not released the specifications. If this happens with a very current phone. Please drop me a line. You may still use ZebraScan. Press your camera button or select Manual Snap.
* Zooming in and out, but no code displayed: Try moving the code further away. Getting the right “grip” might take some time initially, but once you get it down, scanning will be easy.
* Code is not recognized: Sorry about that. You may still enter the code manually if you want to use the Internet lookup and Reminder functionality. Simple type the key on the number keypads.